• 29mar
    Categories: Hardware & Software Commenti disabilitati

    1) Retrieve localhost interface
    $ ifconfig vmnet1 | grep "inet "
    inet XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast XXX.XXX.XXX.255

    2) Configure VM Settings > Network Adapter > Network Connection: NAT

    3) Add entry in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY        fedorahost

    4) Be aware that not all ports are opened on the host machine. For instance, access to weblogic default port (7001) should be enabled:
    sudo iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 7001 -j ACCEPT

    5) It might be useful to restart the HTTP server on the host machine. Then, browse to  http://fedorahost

  • 28ott
    Categories: Hardware & Software Commenti disabilitati

    VMWare 7 features:

    http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/new.html

    Features hardware accelleration in virtualized graphic adapter using Microsoft WDDM driver. That was the most acceptable solution instead of using WARP, anyway.. kudos to them.

    Download (need to have an account)

    http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/desktop_downloads/vmware_workstation/7_0

    It is a 30-day evaluation of VMWare Wotkstation. VMWare player will keep running after that time.

    Screenshot (No Gimp here :P)

    Windows 7 with aero in a host operating system Fedora 11

    Windows 7 with Aero in a host operating system Fedora 11

  • 07set
    Categories: Hardware & Software Commenti disabilitati

    There are tons of posts around the web trying to deal with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 error 80070002.  I can really say I've went through many, getting nothing to work anyhow. In the end, the only solution was to make an upgrade installation of Vista to reset every installed update and then install SP1 prior to running every other update.

    I've configured a dual boot partitioned hard drive, so first task was to erase the master boot record as  SP1 seems to have problems with multiple boot on the same hardrive. Hopefully, you didn't buy Ultimate... As long as commands like fdisk, fixboot, fixmbr simply doesn't exist in my Windows installation, I downloaded a nicely working program to accomplish this: MBRFix. Then, in the path of the executable, I simply ran:

     MbrFix /drive <num> fixmbr /vista

    Where <num> is the hard drive index. Refer to this page for complete instructions.

    Next, I downloaded the Windows Vista SP1 Standalone installer and turned off the internet connection! Then I wasted a couple of hours of my time reinstalling Vista as upgrade. When it was done I launched the SP1 standalone installer. Everything went allright. Done so, I turned on the internet connection and downloaded Windows updates.

    Lastly, I restored the MBR. I quote those instructions from an Ubuntu forum:

    1)Load up Live Session from Live CD
    2)Open a terminal
    3)Type these commands :

    Code:
    sudo grub 
    find /boot/grub/stage1 
    root (hd0,x) 
    setup (hd0) 
    quit

    4)Reboot.

    Replace the (0,x) with what it returned to u when u did find /boot/grub/stage1

    And that's all. I'll be fine 'till SP2 is out!